From the American Embassy in Berlin:
The U.S. Mission to Germany Public Affairs Section (PAS) is soliciting proposals from not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions that focus on the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP). The goal is to keep our publics informed about the negotiations and offer meaningful opportunities to shape the respective negotiating objectives.
What are the facts behind T-TIP, and how will it impact you? What are some of the concerns in the European Union and the United States? What are some of the benefits? What impact will T-TIP have on everyday life? Facts and figures are needed, and we look forward to working with partner institutions to develop a final product which informs about the agreement and which combats misinformation.
The activities funded with a Federal Assistance Award (Grant) ranging from $5000 to $20,000 might include the following innovative ideas:
- short documentaries on T-TIP
- Expert Speaker Tour with proposed names(s) for travel (including per diem and honoraria)
- creation of a Twitterfall wall during a conference
- digital posters in German with QR codes to inform about T-TIP objectives
- a T-TIP conference with a broad swath of stakeholders that can be live-streamed
- online discussion forums on T-TIP
- website devoted to T-TIP
I confess that I had to look up "Twitterfall wall"!