The Institute of European and American Studies (IEAS), Academia Sinica intends to organize an international conference on 15-16 (Wed-Thu) November, 2017 in Taipei, Taiwan. The potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following issues:
- The shift from embedded liberalism to neoliberalism and its critique
- The future of mega-FTAs in the wake of Trump and Brexit: Free and Freer Trade and the role of China
- Trump’s trade policy and the end of the WTO?
- Populism and economic integration and trade liberalization
- Social impact/consequences of economic integration and trade liberalization
The organizer welcomes lawyers, political scientists, and sociologists submit an abstract of less than 500 words outlining the main arguments, supported with a short CV of two pages or less indicating the author’s affiliation, contact, and relevant publications before May 1, 2017 Interdisciplinary works are particularly encouraged.
For more details see the full call for papers here.