The Energy Charter Secretariat invites applications for the position of Trade Expert.
The Expert will deal with energy trade falling under the scope of the Energy Charter Treaty and its Trade Amendment as well as the trade-related policy recommendations of the Energy Charter Conference. In particular, The Expert will work on trade-related aspects of low carbon, technology transfer involving energy efficiency, and of renewable energy resources development.
The successful candidate is expected to be familiar with:
- Multilateral trade law, especially WTO agreements, and its relationship with other public law areas such as the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea and multilateral environmental agreements (UNFCCC);
- Global energy policy matters and related international, regional and national aspects;
- Economic and regulatory aspects of national and global energy markets;
- Matters characterising transition and emerging economies;
- Work of international conferences and organisations.
Oral and written communication skills will include an excellent knowledge of English with proven drafting ability. The capacity to work in a multinational environment, together with the ability to be a good team player, is important. Knowledge of other languages, particularly Russian, would be an asset.
This post (at level A2/3 on the Coordinated Organisations scale), with an attractive, international remuneration package, will be offered on the basis of a three-year, fixed-term contract with the possibility of renewal. The Energy Charter Secretariat is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates must be nationals of a signatory country.
Applications should be sent together with a comprehensive CV and received no later than 18 January 2014 by:
Head of Administration and Finance
Energy Charter Secretariat
56 Boulevard de la Woluwe