Don't miss this opportunity to learn about the latest issues on international trade in energy products and services, and how the WTO regulates such activities. Topics include:
· An overview of the international legal regimes applicable to trade in energy products and services, with a particular focus on the WTO and the Energy Charter Treaty.
· The use of regional trade agreements to secure energy supplies
· How international trade rules will need to be adapted in order to achieve global climate change goals
· Disciplining government involvement in the energy sector through the use of international trade rules, with a particular focus on subsidies in the biofuels sector
· Whether and how current international trade rules can limit cartel arrangements in energy trade
· An analysis of existing mechanisms for the settlement of international disputes in the energy sector, and suggestions for improvement
It is put on by the IBA and will be held Feb 12-13, 2009 in Geneva.
Sounds like they may have something to say about one of my favorite topics, OPEC and the WTO.